Summer Playground Program (this is an outdoor program)
Skills for Life and Memories that are endless...
Participate in Camp at Springvale Playground. Camp is designed for children 6-13 years of age. Children must be potty trained. The program will start on Monday June 21 and run through Friday August 6. No Camp on Monday, July 5 in honor of the 4th of July Holiday. Our camps build character and allows kids to express themselves as individuals. Our camps promote social skills, confidence and resilience. Our staff is working hard to plan an exciting summer, including theme weeks, music, movies, dancing, individual arts/crafts, theatre, story time, cheerleading, culinary, environment, magic, canoeing, kayaking and a variety of interesting educational activities. Staff to Camper ratio is 1 to 8. Staff range in age 15 - 23 yrs old. Our Staff is not trained for working with children with highly social, emotional, and behavioral needs including children affected by autism spectrum disorders.
Director this year at Springvale Playground is Meghan Goodwin
Resident Fee is $85 for the entire 7 week Morning Camp program
Resident Fee is $95 for the entire 7 week Afternoon Camp program
- Each Camper will receive a camp T-Shirt. This should be worn on Springvale Rec Days and Field Trips.
- Campers must be potty trained.
- Send camper with a refillable water bottle, morning and afternoon snacks. Lunch is available to those who would like it. It will be provided by the Sanford School Nutrition Program.
- Lunch is from 11:30-12pm. If your camper doesn't like what is on the menu please pack a lunch. (Check with staff regarding lunches on field trip days)
- Camp will take place at Springvale Rec Area on Tuesdays. Pickup and dropoff will be done at Springvale Recreation.
- If rain/thunderstorms are in the forecast we may cancel camp for the day. There will be no refunds for cancelled days, but we will do our best not to cancel. Typically thunder or lightning is the only time camp is cancelled.
- Field Trips will incur an additional cost.
- Please be sure to read Sanford Parks and Recreation Policies.
Waivers Needed to Participate
You must have on file "A privilege to g to Camp" Waiver (see below) - signed by adult and initialed by camper - bring 1st day or you will receive this on the first day of camp. City Waiver for participation is included in the disclaimer that you must sign to register online.
Additional Forms and Files: