Summer Jr. Counselor Program
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Tweens ages 13-15 can register for this program if they are interested in working as a camp counselor in the future. This program is designed to foster leadership skills, effective discipline, filling out an application, interviewing and other work related responsibilities. Program participants will be expected to attend 2 days per week their first year and 3 days a week their second year. Jr Counselors will work along side their directors and camp counselors planning and improvising games and activities for the children at camp. A mid-summer evaluation will be given to provide insight for better development as a possible future employee. Camp location will vary with each participant. Camp runs from Mon. June 25- Friday, Aug 10. This is an unpaid position. Please know that this program is designed to help form you for future jobs. Participating in this program does not guarantee a paid position in the future with Sanford Parks and Recreation. To work for Sanford Parks and Rec you must be 15 years of age and apply in April during the vacation week - staff positions are limited as many staff return summer after summer.
Limited space is available at each location. Please choose an alternate for you child.
- Mandatory "Welcome Jr Counselor Meeting" is Thursday evening June 20, 2019 - 5:30pm at the Picnic Pavilion at Gowen Park. Parents please join as this will only be a 15 minute meeting regarding this program.
- Please download "Jr Counselor" form included under links and forms - mail this in after you are registered.
- Maximum of 15 participants only
- Program fills quickly.
- Requests to work at the Jr High with the 4th, 5th and 6th graders will not be granted.
- Disregard the dates and times below, as the dates and times will be varied for each participant.
Additional Forms and Files: